Reporting to the President, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for implementing HR policies & programs and managing all aspects of employee engagement & development. Director of HR will manage organizational change & development, performance management, strategic manpower planning, staffing & recruiting, payroll, compensation & benefits administration, and employee retention. Director of HR will also ensure that all policies, procedures and HR programs are consistently administered and in compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements and laws.
Luneau Technology North America is a subsidiary of France-based Luneau Technology Group (“LTG”). LTG is focused on the development, manufacture, and sale of optometric diagnostic equipment. Luneau Technology USA is based in Bensenville and is the North American provider of highly automated eye examination and optical technologies including Briot, Weco, Visionix and Optovue brands. A global innovation leader in the vision care technology market and the pioneer in wavefront technology, our goal is to help eye care professionals start their practice transformation to promote scalable workflow efficiency and improve the over-all patient experience while maintaining clinical best practice standards.
- HR Strategic Planning and Implementation – Collaborates with senior leadership to define the organization’s long-term mission and goals; provides HR leadership to the business by translating business vision and strategy into an executable people strategy.
- Organizational Development – Supports and manages organizational development exercises. Provides guidance and support to help identify key performance indicators for the organization’s human resource.
- Performance Management – Designs, implements, and manages the performance review process that aligns company values and business objectives with employee professional and personal goals.
- Talent Acquisition, On-boarding & Off-boarding – Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring, on-boarding, talent management & retention and from time-to-time separations.
- Coaching and Mentoring – Coaches and mentors’ employees, managers, and team members; provides motivation and growth opportunities for optimum engagement and performance management.
- Corporate Culture – Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Annual Review Process – Manages the annual Performance & Salary review, MBO and profit-sharing processes.
- HR Program Administration – Administers or oversees all human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, payroll, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Compensation Analysis – Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, recognition, rewards, and employee incentive programs.
- Payroll – Manages and validates the semimonthly payroll processing to ensure all employees are paid accurately and in a timely manner.
- Employee Benefits and 401k Administration – Designs and administers employee benefits programs to ensure that best in class benefits are being offered to employees.
- Compliance – Monitors and ensures the organizations compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to ensure compliance.
- Employee Relations – Handles all employees relations issues. Conducts thorough investigations and ensures appropriate action is taken.
- Employee Morale – Plans various employee events and programs to keep morale high.
- Management Reporting – Provides reports and information to executive management
- Employee Communication – develops and manages employee communication programs
- HR Team Management – Provides guidance and leadership to the human resource management team; assists with resolution of human resource, compensation, and benefits questions, concerns, and issues.
- HR Budget Management – Develops, implements, and manages departmental budget.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Education: Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Masters degree highly preferred.
- Experience: 10+ years of professional human resources experience with at least 5 years management experience in managing teams.
- Certification: SPHR/PHR Certificate preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of State and Federal labor laws and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret legal documents.
Luneau Technology USA, is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.